Let time slow down while escaping to Hummingbird, a family-friendly, 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom home. Hummingbird is a must for your next coastal family getaway, located in Byron Bay, just 1.5km from town. Adventure down the 1km sandy track leading you straight to Tallow beach, one of Byron's finest.
Hummingbird is a secluded sanctuary situated on a large manicured property with enough space to crack out the backyard cricket or hideaway under the tree canopies with your new book.
Upstairs boasts an open plan living, dining and kitchen area furnished with luxurious coastal and Scandi tapestry. This light-filled home with exposed beams and crisp white walls and ceilings offers a sense of peace and calmness with its minimalistic features, muted earthy tones and wooden floors. Hummingbird sets the scene with modern appliances, the latest music and streaming services, a fire pit with stone seating and a spectacular, west-facing, covered deck leading off the main dining area and master bedroom.
Downstairs you'll find a modern approach to a studio apartment, complete with a kitchenette and dining space all dressed in the latest Scandi designs, wooden benchtops and polished concrete floors. Step out to a private deck or bask under the canopies at the paved seating area. With no internal stairs, make your way to the studio through the little side door on the right of the house. The centre of Byron Bay is just 1.5km from Hummingbird, famous for its international cuisines, boutique stores and beachfront pubs. The property is also a 10 minutes walk from Tallow Beach down the footpath and sandy track. Gather the family, pack the sunscreen, wine and cricket set, and let life slow down at Hummingbird.
- 4 bedroom (including studio), 3 bathroom - sleeps up to 10 (max 6 adults + 4 children)
- Self-contained studio space downstairs with bedroom, bathroom and living area
- Family friendly with generous yard for children to play complete with a sandpit
- Recently renovated and restyled
- Modern kitchen with Samsung appliances, freestanding oven with gas cooktop and a dishwasher
- Split system air conditioner in the living area, plus 2 comfy sofas (second sofa not pictured)
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Firepit with custom-built circular stone seating and wall (pending approval for use)
- Blackout blinds with sheer curtains in all bedrooms
- BBQ and al fresco dining on front partial wrap-around deck
- Secluded from the main road by lush front gardens
- 2 standing desks with ergonomic chairs, perfect for working in comfort
- Access to large garage with table tennis table, perfect entertainment for the kids
- Pet-friendly on request
- Off street parking for up to 2 cars and secure garage parking for 2 cars
- 1km to Tallow beach and 1.5km to the centre of Byron Bay
- 32km from Ballina / Byron Gateway Airport and 68km from Gold Coast Airport
Living, Dining and Cooking:
The exposed beams, high ceilings, and crisp white finishes upstairs will have you instantly relaxed in the open plan, light-filled living, dining and kitchen area. The top floor living space - complete with 2 comfy sofas - welcomes you to melt into the coastal-cross-Scandi furnishings and unwind with the Smart TV offering Netflix, Stan, and Kayo Sports (please note, second sofa is not pictured).
Keep connected with complimentary WIFI or sing along to your favourite tunes with Apple HomePod. Share your favourite meals inside at the classic Scandinavian wood finished dining table, situated right across from the L-shaped kitchen. The space hosts modern stainless steel appliances, freestanding electric oven, gas cooktop and timber benchtops. This inclusive space, which expands out to the spacious undercover wrap-around deck, will keep you connected with your guests as you dine al fresco overlooking the front yard enjoying Byron Bay's enviable climate.
The separate downstairs studio space offers an all-in-one living, dining and kitchen area spread out across the warm tones of the eco-friendly polished concrete flooring, sure to keep you cool in those warmer months. The recently renovated kitchenette offers timber benchtops, modern fridge, microwave, toaster, and kettle. Settle in for dinner at the dining table for four or venture outside to the secluded, purpose-built seating area under the trees. In case you need to sneak in a few work emails or calls, this space has a dedicated work area, with standing desks and ergonomic chairs which outlook to the lush gardens.
The bedrooms at Hummingbird will have you jumping into the luxurious linens and modern finishes on both levels. Highly accommodating for families, Hummingbird offers three bedrooms upstairs and one downstairs in the studio space with a pull out sofa suitable for one child, altogether sleeping up to ten. With warm timber flooring and blackout curtains to keep the sun away while you sleep in, you'll be sure to benefit from a restful night's sleep. The master bedroom features an ensuite, vast walk-in robe, a dedicated work desk, and access to the main undercover deck, a perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee. The additional two bedrooms upstairs offer a luxurious queen bed in one room and a bunk bed set with an extra pull out trundle in the other. With all the Scandi finishes, coastal tapestry and hints of muted greens and blues, each room gives you a sense of peace and calmness in its design.
Downstairs offers an exclusive studio apartment tucked away from the upstairs hustle and bustle with a private bathroom, dining and kitchenette. Retreat to the queen bed with views directly into outdoor greenery.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 10 guests - max 6 adults + 4 children)
- Bedroom 1 (masters upstairs): king bed, ensuite bathroom, ceiling fan, desk space, walk-in robe, french doors accessing the outdoor deck
- Bedroom 2 (upstairs): queen bed, ceiling fan, wardrobe
- Bedroom 3 (upstairs): bunk bed (2x single beds) with an extra pull out, pedestal fan, wardrobe
- Bedroom 4: (downstairs studio): queen bed, pull out sofa suitable for one child, ceiling fan, wardrobe, private bathroom
With matte black tapware and crisp white textured vanities, Hummingbird ticks all the boxes with minimalistic design and large spaces.
- Bathroom 1: (ensuite off master) shower, single vanity and toilet
- Bathroom 2: (upstairs shared bathroom) integrated shower and bath, single vanity and toilet
- Bathroom 3: (downstairs private bathroom) shower, single vanity and toilet
Hummingbird includes a dedicated laundry space located upstairs with wooden benchtops, washing machine and dryer with outdoor access.
One of Hummingbird's most enticing features is the west-facing covered deck, sure to get the afternoon glow while you flip the steaks on the Weber and sip on that much needed cold beverage. With an average of one thousand hours of sun per year, Byron Bay offers the perfect climate to retire outside. Lounge around in the alfresco dining area or sit by nature's television at the fire pit and toast those guilt-free marshmallows. With a fantastic backyard sure to keep the kids entertained, Hummingbird is a luxury for adults and a haven for children.
Pets may be allowed on request in writing at Hummingbird, although the property's backyard is not secure. Please contact our reservations team to discuss prior to booking. Terms and conditions apply.
Hummingbird offers 2 x off-street car spaces in the driveway. There are also 2 secure car spaces in the garage when the table tennis table is not in use (this is easily folded and stored). Unmetered, unallocated street parking is also available.
Hummingbird is ideally placed for the best Byron Bay getaway, being just 1.5km from town and only 1km to the beach. Walk to Tallow Beach and enjoy glistening white sand and perfect blue ocean; a great spot for a swim, a lay in the sun and whale watching in season.
Byron Bay is the epicentre for all things boutique, international cuisine and relaxed drinks overlooking the sensational beaches. Take a short 4-minute drive to Lighthouse Road to walk or run the famous Byron Bay Lighthouse circuit. If you're a morning person, be sure to bask in a sunrise at the Lighthouse while you're there.
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-31447